BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 2, 2009

29 days of blogging

Maureen Johnson posted a challenge summoning all us bloggers out there to blog every day for thirty days. And in case you haven't read the title, I'm accepting. Except I started a day late, so I'll be blogging until May second. After all, what do I have to lose? It wouldn't hurt me to try to finish something for once.
Maureen Johnson based this challenge on the fact that you always have something to say. Which we all do. Hey, we've got the right to freedom of speech, why not use it?
I never finish anything. I always start something out with such a fever and passion that I know it won't last. It makes me kind of sad, like i've never accomplished anything. It also makes me feel like i have literally no work ethic. So I herby pledge, that will make a firm attempt at blogging every day from here on out.

Right now i'm listening to a cover of "turn your lights down low" origonally by Bob marley, but it's Colbie Calliatt singing it. Her voice is so smooth and effortless in this. It sounds lovely, but for me the drumming is a little uptight for regge. That's my only complaint.
And while were on that subject, Megan ruined the song on American Idol. I know this sounds mean, but she sounded like she was croaking, esspecially at the end. You could hear this little cork in her voice.
I might take up the guitar, I feel like I need and outlet. Plus I love music, and I think it would be fun. I'm not expecting to become one of those overnight youtube celbrities for my cover of "beat it" or whatever, just for fun. Im not going to become one of those girls who sounds like she's being strangled while she sings, yet forms a girl band anyway. Unlike some contestents on American Idol during audition season, I don't need Simon, Paula, Randy or Cara to inform me that I cant sing.
Even though she's been on the show for a long time now, it feels wierd including Cara as a judge. Is it just me or does it feel like she's kind of intruding on the famous threesome? That's all I have to say for now.
Peace&cookies

2 comments:

M.L. Kenney said...

I agree - Kara DioGuardi IS intruding a bit. And she says the same things over and over. The many days of blogging thing is a good idea. I have read "Devilish" by Maureen Johnson, btw. I might do it - but I don't know if I have time. :(

ROSIE!!!!!!!!! said...

we all have time for blogging wishie darling! you could have a blog with random facts about the beatles.