BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

we're off to see the wizard

Hey everyone, how's your week been? Mine's been fine. Today we basically got to goof off the whole second half of the day. We saw a play at the highschool called "The Wiz" basically, it was the wizard of Oz. EXCEPT IT WAS SET IN THE SEVENTIES! WHICH MEANS THERE WERE GOGO BOOTS!(My favorite type of footwear). It was pretty good, I kinda thought it would be like Wicked though, so I was confused. The singing was okay, I heard a few voice cracks though! I give the whole cast props, it was only dress rehersal. We had to leave at intermission though! I didn't get to see Glinda! When I was like four, I was Glinda for halloween so I have a wierd kind of favoritism towards her.
I remember the costume too, it was this little pink silky dress with bits of glitter shaped like stars on the skirt. The sleeves were made of glittery pale pink tulle and they itched, but I refused to wear anything under it. It was long too, I remember running around the house in it and tripping, I was such a graceful child. :-)
I am also a fan of Kristin Chenoweth! Did any of you catch her on Ellen yesterday? She has a book out!

1 comments:

M.L. Kenney said...

I love "The Wiz"! My school did a "jr." version of it. And guess what? I WAS DOROTHY FOR HALLOWEEN WHEN I WAS FOUR! Great minds think alike, especially when the whole thing concerns magic (like The Wizard of Oz). And I LOVE Kristin Chenoweth. I'm singing a song she did for a production I'm gonna be in on June 14.