BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 23, 2009

songs

I think it's safe to say most people love music. Some of us like music that will make our hips sway, and that has a bass line so loud it vibrates through you, like blood pulsing beneath a bruise. Well others just wish and want to go back to three magical days in 1969, and just once, a second, a minute, or a single glimpse, and see Janis Joplin at the top of her game.
Others like musicauls, and are Broadway bound. My social studies teacher never shuts up about the techno concerts in Chicago that she escapes to on weekends. And most people I know have had their lives shaped by four guys from Liverpool. Whose music can shape you and touch you and make you dance. It can give you a voice and this invisible force, like a shoulder to cry on. That you can't see but for some reason, you know it's there. Then there's those chords, that come blaring out of the radio... and you've never heard anything like it before and suddenly your hooked.
I think it's also safe to say that most people wanted to be famous at one point in their life. They wanted their name in lights, their name on the byline, their name next to the number one song on billboard. But really, this is just a ploy, they know in the back of their mind that they'll be just like dear old mom and dad. Or at least get stuck in a university at one point.
Then years later they'll work a nine to five job, the door will slam against the dry wall as the walk into their house. They'll kick off their shoes, pissed off and tierd, and having this nagging annoyance at the routine they fell into.
As that annoyance sets in, flavoring their every thought like the after taste of cough medicine, something will happen. And that something will take them back to the time when the sky was the limit.
Okay, I'm guilty of that too. I really, really, really, really, really,really,really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, want to be a writer when I'm out of highschool. Or a yoga teacher, that's what my mom does, so she'd know what to do and I like yoga. But the truth is, I suck. Everything I write is all rambling and winded and never gets to the point. Sometimes less is more.
Sorry if this post was long, I'm locking my lips for a school day, protesting the war in Africa.

0 comments: