BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 19, 2010

le sigh

I just wrote this huge long post about my Chicago adventure and felt fantastical about it, but blogger spazzed. So now I'm starting over...and just rambling.
I'm listening to Katy Perry right now. I remember when she first came out with "I Kissed a Girl" and I thought she was SO BAD ASS and awesome 'cause she wrote a song about lesbianism in a positive fun way. I was the only person in my family who liked her. My mom always used to change the station when she came on. But now she told me a few days ago that she loves California Gurls. See mom? I so told you so! My friends hated her too, come to think of it. Little twelve year old me was so ahead of the pack.

And a lot of people have been asking me how I do my eye make up. So I'm going to write it down here, like an instruction manual for your eyes!

1. put a light layer of eye primer on both eyes. Any brand works, and if you don't have eye primer that's okay! The purpose of eye primer is to help the make up stay on longer.

2. using one of those little cotton eye shadow applicators (I got a twelve pack at ULTA for $1.00)
Apply a light layer of silver eyeshadow on the ball of your eye. (it's the little bit of soft skin below your brow bone.) Cover that and nothing else, unless you want to go up to or above the brow.
3. Using a bright blue eyeshadow (similar to sky blue or turquoise) apply a small amount to highlight your brow bone. Start at your tear duct, and sweep the eyeshadow across the eye until it reaches the end of your lash line. This should be resting directly above the silver eyeshadow. If you think it's too bright, lessen the shine by blending it with more silver eyeshadow.

Next take a TARTE Emphaseyes inner rim eye pencil in black, and line inside of your waterline (the little pink part on the lower inside part of your eye). Do this twice, and only on the lower halves of your eyes.

Then, take TARTE lights, camera lashes mascara, and apply mascara to both your upper and lower lashes. Instead of a quick sweep of the mascara wand, apply your mascara in sections.

0 comments: