BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 30, 2010

why I do what I do

I'm a people pleaser. I don't care how shitty I feel, if I was in a desert with one water bottle, with five other people, I'd let them go first. Because that's just what I do. I fix other people's problems for them. I bring the band aids, hold purses, and give the relationship advice. And when that advice fails, I buy water proof mascara and bad magazines. I patch up the holes and the broken hearts with duct tape and barbie band aids. I can't stand to have the people around me unhappy. I hate it. I'd rather have them be happy, and me be miserable. That's why I like make up. 'cause it patches up all the red marks and zits, and it makes you look pretty when you feel like crap. It's like a mask, nice and snug and warm. A protective shell, like a hermit crab. I like when I put on a lot of lipgloss, and it gets all thick and gooey. It's like armor for your lips. It makes me feel safe. Right now I feel wierd. Like I want to start crying and I don't know what else. I feel raw and exposed, and everything aches. I feel like I'm going explode and like i'm in handcuffs and i'm clawing and writhing around and searching for the key. I never write when I'm like this. I don't want to force my shit upon the random people of the internet. I'm private when it comes to feeling crappy. I'm like a dog, i think of showing pain as a sign of weakness. And why the hell am I writing this? I don't want pity. All I used to get when I was little was pity. Why am I upset. I'm crying right now, ruining mascara that I slaved over. I should stop. Shut up and stop. But I don't want to. When I feel sick, like while I'm in school. I never go home. I just wait until the end of the day, and then when I'm alone i collapse and burn. 'Cause that's how I am.
Sometimes I think that I try to fix other people's problems so I don't have to deal with my own. I love helping people, and distractions. I need distractions to function. Why am I like this? Is it me trying to run away from my problems? Sometimes I'm too focused on other people to look at moi, and then I get like this and it's eleven at night and i should be sleeping but I'm not and I want to crawl into a sleeping bag and zip it all the way up. But my whole premise of helping people is "do what you wanted people to do for you".
So basically I give all the love that I have, and some guts and a kidney. But most of the time, I get nothing back. and sometimes it's fine, most of the time i expect absolutely nothing. But then it's eleven at night and i need a sleeping bag.

4 comments:

M.L. Kenney said...

This was incredibly well-written, and I'm proud of you for writing it.
When you need help, all you have to do is ask (hey, I'm here!). Or, like now, write. Maybe you're figuring out more about how writing can help you rant/vent/whatever. People aren't going to take pity on you for this, they're going to understand. We've all been there, when you're the one that needs the most help and you're busy comforting everybody else.
Maybe you could talk to your friends once a week about this. Mention how you've been feeling about something. You don't have to change the way you are, just open up more and maybe it'll help you.
Okay? <3 xoxo

ROSIE!!!!!!!!! said...

Thanks sweetie! Mwah! You give good advice, if the writer thing doesn't work out, may I suggest therapist? I'm feeling better now. I'm in my sweatpants and my paramore Tshirt. (Oh when you go see Adam, you have to get a massive shirt with his face on it, and make it your P.J shirt. It will become the most comfortable sleep shirt ever. No joke.)
Oh and I'm a workaholic too, and right now it's killing me to not have anything to do. But I'm just gonna go do my nails, and watch lady gaga day on fuse. And maybe if i'm feeling crazy, eat some food. What are your memorial day plans? Any beaches in your future?

M.L. Kenney said...

email me for more . . . having conversations in comments feels odd, if ya know what i mean.

ROSIE!!!!!!!!! said...

yeah! I get wot u mean, and I'm pulling up my email right now!